luabind


Luabind pure_out_value refuses to compile


I'm having some problems getting Luabind to work with the 'pure_out_value' property for a function. In my case, Luabind is erroring during compile saying that the templates do not contain specific functions that are required to use the property.
The code being used is very similar to the one in test_policies.cpp that comes with Luabind:
class IConfiguration
{
int GetString( const char* className, const char* entryName, char** ppszOut );
};
module( L )
[
class_< IConfiguration >( "IConfiguration" )
.def( "GetString", &IConfiguration::GetString, pure_out_value(_3) )
];
The errors I get when I try to compile this:
'apply' : is not a member of 'luabind::detail::pure_out_value_policy<N,Policies>::only_accepts_nonconst_references_or_pointers'
'consumed_args' : is not a member of 'luabind::detail::pure_out_value_policy<N,Policies>::only_accepts_nonconst_references_or_pointers'
'consumed_args' : is not a member of 'luabind::detail::pure_out_value_policy<N,Policies>::only_accepts_nonconst_references_or_pointers'
'converter_postcall' : is not a member of 'luabind::detail::pure_out_value_policy<N,Policies>::only_accepts_nonconst_references_or_pointers'
'match' : is not a member of 'luabind::detail::pure_out_value_policy<N,Policies>::only_accepts_nonconst_references_or_pointers'
Information pertaining to the environment:
Lua 5.1.4 (with bitwise patch)
Luabind 0.9.1
Boost 1.53
Visual Studio 2012 w/Update 1 (Compiling with v110_xp setting.)
I have also tried with the publicly known patched version of Luabind for 5.2 (still supports 5.1 too) which can be found here:
https://bitbucket.org/cinderblocks/luabind
The rest of Luabind seems to work fine, just not the pure_out_value policy though.
And of course after posting for help I figured out the problem. Love when that happens..
For anyone in the similar issue, the problem was with the arg number I was using with pure_out_value. In my above case, since the arguments are part of a class member function I forgot to account for the 'this' argument that is happening automatically. So instead of _3 it should be _4.
Works great now. :)

Related Links

Luabind pure_out_value refuses to compile
Bind function returning btVector3 with luabind
how to bind a functor with more than one argument to lua using luabind
lua-function as parameter for exported function

Categories

HOME
android
design-patterns
webdriver
pda
3d
owl-carousel
tivoli
regular-language
nuget-package
iis-6
trac
special-characters
fhir
text-mining
gource
enterprise-architect
symbol
html5-appcache
symfony-console
ksh
springfox
tosca
beta
draft-js-plugins
jasmine-node
nstimer
ms-access-2003
8051
iis-express
memory-address
wacom
vue-chartjs
numpy-broadcasting
engine.io
openerp-7
openalpr
linq-to-objects
azure-arm
odoo-website
naming
avcapturedevice
vugen
magic-draw
static-cast
type-theory
shinobi
node-request
cubism.js
autosar
parfor
file-uri
hclust
simevents
findfirst
nio2
piracy-prevention
phpgrid
state-restoration
vigenere
rpart
uncompress
airbrake
matlab-deployment
diff3
at-job
create.js
ignite-ui
kendo-dataviz
scrypt
inputmismatchexception
printdialog
cnf
nebula
http-status-code-410
database-create
screen-size
codebase
qglwidget
fdf
leader
netbeans6.1

Resources

Encrypt Message